Total Pageviews

Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31, 2010. A Day in the Life

Woke Up Fell Out of Bed
Such a event is possible, because someone with PD may act out his or her dreams. I think that I told this story, but for those of you who weren't listening, I'll repeat the story. Many of my Dreams are sports related. One dream in particular I found myself on the floor, after trying to slide into first base. You don't slide into First. What pissed me off was not that I fell, but what was I doing sliding into First Base. It's one of the first things that you learn, right after don't run with scissors.

Dragged a comb across my head,
An apt description, because I now use two hands to comb my hair. One for each follicle.

Found my way downstairs and drank a cup, and looking up, I noticed I was late.
Everything takes longer. You don't even realize it. It's as if a slow motion camera is on you.

Found my coat and grabbed my hat.

I can find my coat, but the problem remains how do I get my arms in the sleeve? How do I button up the coat? Both are difficult and embarrassing in public.

Made the Bus in seconds flat.
I rarely drive anymore. It's not that my driving is bad. It's not, I'm exceedingly careful. I'm also so tense, that my neck strains. I just would rather avoid driving.

Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
I don't know if this is Parkinson's related, but it's 50-50 if I would find my way. My sense of direction has gotten awful

And Somebody spoke and I went into a dream.
Don't think that you're boring me, but there is a good chance that I'd fall asleep in the middle of out conversation.

A new interpretation for a Beatles song.

No comments:

Post a Comment