Total Pageviews

Friday, December 3, 2010

December 3, 2010. God Never Gives Us Back our Youth

Somebody who I didn't particularly like once said to me, "Work to live, don't live to work."

He was a slime, but his words were right.

In my prime I did 200+ closings a year. I was in the office on Saturdays and some Sundays. I often didn't take vacations. And like the lean days, I lived hand to mouth. Only more got in the mouth. I did closings from Montauk to Saratoga.Today instead of a car I often take the Railroad. Instead of an attache case, I carry my laptop in my backpack. Due to the economy and my circumstances, I do far fewer closings.

Today things are different. Although I know that it is importantI do what I can to get by. I doubt that my last words will be, "Damn, I should have done one more closing!"

I don''t know what the future holds for me. None of us do. I do know that it isn't exactly what I had planned. If i knew then what I know now, I would have done a lot differently. As the words to one of my favorite songs say, "God, never gives us back our youth." Ain't it the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment