Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1, 2011. A New Beginning

No matter how many pieces I write, no matter how much my leg shakes, no matter how stiff I look, I still don't think of myself as at all impaired.

I can't. It's not something that I'm willing to accept or give into.

I resolve for 2011. 1) Not to get a handicapped parking sticker; 2) Not to go on disability; 3) Not to slow down at work, in fact, I resolve to bring the business back to what it was pre-Parkinson's; 4) Not to make excuses why I'm not exercising.

There are certain things that can't be done. The Scarecrow, in the Wizard of Oz will never understand Geometry. (The Scarecrow says, "The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an iscoceles triangle, is equal to the square root of the remaining side." Why is he wrong?) "You can't light a match on a bar of soap." (Stan Laurel) An nobody can explain the virtues of "The English Patient" to me.

This being said, there is no reason to give in to PD. In a year when I revisit this, I will be in a better condition than I am today.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment