Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 5, 2010

December 5, 2010. Paperback Writer

We all live many lives.

As a child, I like many other boys of my generation, wanted to play baseball. I was slow and couldn't hit a curveball.

As a teenager I wanted to be a Rock and Roll Singer. I can't hear a beat, and am completely and utterly tone deaf.

In College, I wanted Girls. That's for another story.

In Law School I wanted to argue before the Supreme Court. That actually has happened. On my last trip to Washington, I got into a heated argument with a Tea Partier protesting in front of the Court. I remember asking him, "Justice Thomas, don't you think that this is inappropriate?"

Around the time that I was diagnosed, I discovered the greatest outlet for my frustration and anger. I would write.

I started by recanting tales on a blog called "Memoirs of a Disgruntled Attorney." I went by the name of JelloMarx. These tales even bored me. I started writing parodies of songs, movies and my favorites, Dr. Seuss. I was elated the day that I learned that something that I wrote called "Eggs but no Ham," about a man named "Schwartz-I-Am." was posted in the New Orleans YMHA. Some of them were good, some not so good. But I found an outlet.

Friends and family wondered if I could be serious. I wrote on some Political sites, but found that most of the people there, both liberal and conservative are crazy.

One day, I decided to write about PD. The response has been great and it has kept me out of a funk.

I'd like to publish this, but it's not why I write it. I write because it helps me to remember how truly good my life has been and will continue to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment