Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 9, 2010

December 9, 2010. Mean Mr. Mustard

Something has loosened the filter in my mind that made me hesitant to speak my mind.

There was a time that I had a long fuse, but when it blew, watch out. But now whether it's age, almost 30 years of law, or the realization of mortality that a major neurological disease gives you, I no longer loose my cool. I'll say what's on my mind, with less hesitancy and far more sarcasm.

The sarcasm was always there. One doesn't watch every Marx Brothers' Movie multiple times without a little Groucho rubbing off. But I was hesitant about speaking my mind. Something happened.

There's something about coming to the realization that someday all of this will end, that gives one license to speak up.

I've become a lovable curmudgeon. So far, I've gotten away with it, but how long can that last?

I think that it's time to move on to the next role, "avuncular sage." Stay tuned. I'll be back tomorrow, same bat time, same bat station.

No comments:

Post a Comment