Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December 7, 2010

I wonder how many people that observe me think that I'm drunk. Can I get a show of hands? One, Two...Hey you in the back, only one hand! Certainly no feet!

When I'm tired, I have a very labored gait. Although I haven't fallen often, I do look wobbly. As I've said before, I rarely drink, and never more than 1 glass of wine. Furthermore, people with PD, have a blank stare, often described as a masked face. This could also be mistaken for somebody who has had too much.

At least if I'm going to be mistaken for drunk, let it be Lee Marvin in Cat Ballou.

I was warned when first diagnosed that everything would take longer. what used to take me 1/2 hour to get ready in the morning now takes an hour. To me I'm moving at the same speed,but apparently not. so now I've described a slow,drunk man.

There also can be mental problems associated with PD. This is something that I suspect I'll never know. Can one recognize signs of dementia in themselves?

So far I feel that my mind is sharp. I keep reading and writing so that it is constantly challenged. The neurologist occasionally tests me, by having me count backwards from 100, in increments of 7. 100,93,86,79,72....I'm still the fastest this side of Jethroe Bodine.

No comments:

Post a Comment