Total Pageviews

Friday, December 10, 2010

December 10, 2010. Weebles Wobble, but they don't fall down.

How many of you out there remember the toy called "The Weeble'? "Weebles Wobble but they don't fall down." That's the claim that the commercial made. If memory serves, Weeble's were these little round creatures, all butt, no legs. Not unlike that blind date that you had last week.

Although physically I am all leg and no butt, the same claim about wobbling, but not going down can be made about me. I have days, like today, that I describe as wobbly. I'm alright if I keep moving, but the minute I stop, I'm swaying.

Sometimes, along with the wobble, I have an involuntary, backwards step. I call it my moon walk.

Why am I telling you this? Because no matter how many times I wobble and moon walk, I haven't gone down. There are moments that are frustrating. For instance, rising from a chair or putting on a coat can be a chore. I constantly talking to myself, "Come On!" "Get up!" It seems to work, because nobody has had to get a crane for me to stand. Nothing less than a crane would work.

There are plenty of times in life when one wobbles. PD is a wobble and I'm not going down!

No comments:

Post a Comment