Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 4, 2010. Let there be dancing in the streets, drinking in the saloons, and necking in the parlor.

I've never attended a Parkinson's support group meeting. I suddenly realized that except when I go to the Gym or to the Doctor's office I have no contact with other people who have PD.

The upside is that I can continue to live in my cocoon, and not acknowledge the worst aspects of the disease. the downside is that as empathetic as friends and family are, they don't have first hand experience.

The Queens County Parkinson's support group meets in Forest Hills on Monday. I may attend.

I was never one to discuss personal issues. Obviously I've changed.

My wife, who is a Geriatric Physician, knowing what I might see, is concerned that it could depress me. My thoughts are that if it does progress, and it might not, it's a fact of life. Getting depressed over it helps nobody. It will hinder enjoyment of whatever good years are left.

I intend to enjoy myself. So, " Let there be dancing in the streets, drinking in the saloons, and necking in the parlor. " (Groucho)

No comments:

Post a Comment