Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December 15, 2010. Bridge over Troubled Waters.

Change in a friend (I call it that because I refuse to consider it an illness), brings out the best and the worst in people. For the most part, I've been blessed with the best. Maybe it's because the friends that I've chosen to keep are special people.

As I've previously stated, when first diagnosed we chose to tell very few people. As time went on and little everyday activities, like rising from a chair or putting on my jacket, became noticeably more difficult, there was little choice.

When word of my condition started to pass through the grapevine, I heard from an old acquaintance. I had chosen long ago not to pursue a lasting friendship with this person. We were friends for a short time a long time ago. Even then people would question, "why are you friends with somebody do obnoxious." After he wore me out, I decided that it wasn't my responsibility to befriend somebody, because nobody else would.

One morning I received an e-mail "Dear Marc, I hear that your sick. Let me tell you what is going on in my life..." I chose not to respond. Was I wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment