Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 23, 2010. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Anne Frank saw the good in people while hiding from the Nazis. Victor Frankl remained positive while in a Concentration Camp. Helen Keller was a role model, while not being able to see, hear or speak. I would be more self absorbed than I appear to be if I could not make something positive out of PD.

THE GOOD: A short time after being diagnosed, I discovered writing. As I've previously stated, I've always had a vivid imagination. I lived in my own version of "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty." Walter Mitty was a character created by James Thurber in 1939, who lived in his own vivid fantasy world. I started to write these stories, and although they are yet to be published, I'm enjoying writing the stories.

THE BAD: Most of the bad is too obvious to mention. The worst is not knowing. I've been successful in blocking my imagination from seeing the worst. So far, the natural progression and a positive attitude have kept me from experiencing too much of the Bad.

THE UGLY: We all have our egos. Although I was never a Brad Pitt, I wasn't unattractive. Now I show the tell tale signs of PD. Scaling on my face and a masked look. The scaling has dissipated, because i switched to an electric razor, but it is still slightly there.

So for now I'll enjoy the good, live with the bad and manage the ugly. There are no choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment