Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 19, 2010

December 20, 2010. You can't always get what you Want.

I don't know of any Real Estate Attorney who is particularly happy with his or her chosen profession. Very few of us expected to be doing this. Most of us thought that we'd be arguing before the Supreme Court. It's Mundane, Tedious and Boring. (As an Attorney, I've learned to be redundant and repetitive). Until one is established you must rely upon outside sources for business. Those outside sources want control over your part of the transaction. This can't happen.

Now business is slow, because of the economy and a change of location. I would be thrilled to go back to the type of work and volume that I was doing 6 years ago, but I don't think that I could handle 3 closings in a day. I just move too slow.

I was a fast an accurate typist. Better than any assistant that I had hired. Now my fingers don't move like they once did, hence I'm slower.

Insurance prices are ridiculous, and they don't cover all of the drugs.

Yet, through it all, I'm somehow not depressed.

After having been depressed for the first year or two after the diagnosis, I snapped out of it. I remember thinking , "where will I be, when I get over this feeling?" My answer was I'll be back where I started. Only older and having wasted time. Somehow this worked.

I began looking at what I had, not what I didn't have.

People don't mind discussing the condition, but, nobody wants to hear me complain. Yeah, Parkinson's disease sucks! But so does cancer, Alzheimer's disease, Leukemia etc... we all have known somebody who has been stricken with these
diseases. They try to carry on the best that they can.

So I will continue to do what I know how to do, and be thankful that I have something to do. I walk, I talk. If I wet my pants, Mattel could make me into a doll. I have plenty of familiar and friends support. I got it good!

No comments:

Post a Comment