Total Pageviews

Friday, December 17, 2010

December 17, 2010. Reality, What a Concept.

Yesterday, I overdid it. I left the house by 7:30 AM. Drove to my Dentist on the Island. Then did two closings, drove home and then rushed to take a 4:00 PM train back to the Island for an office dinner.

There was a time that that type of hectic schedule was normal. Now as a function of age, and PD, I can't do those things any more. I think my friend saw this last night, and went 50 miles out of his way to drive me home. I had my train ticket, but gladly accepted the offer.

By saying that I can no longer do this is not succumbing to the disease, but accepting reality. Had my friends not been the special people that they are, chances are that I'd have made it home without incident. Would I have been too proud or stupid to ask my wife to drive out and pick me up? Probably, yes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not curling up into a ball and giving up today. It's now 7:15 AM. I've already done an hours work. When I finish this, I leave to catch an 8:58 train for the Island. I've learned that the worst thing that we can do in our lives is give up. I've also learned that the second worst thing is to ignore reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment