Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

The Bible's Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse allegedly symbolize Conquest, War, Famine and Death. (Now for those of you who think that I've found religion, don't bet on it. I'm still a "Jew for Jeter.") Parkinson's has it's own four horseman, Stress, Panic, Depression and Anxiety.

My stress could have been eased had I grown up. I was immortal. I didn't need to save. I didn't need long term insurance. Well wake up folks, there may not be a tomorrow.

My Panic is partially a result of the stress. Partially a result of what I describe as a loss of instincts. What was once instinctive is no longer. I have to think out every move.

Depression comes from the change of life. One day I'm Superman, the next day Jimmy Olsen.

The final result of the above is irritability.

I'm a Lawyer, I'm an elder care Lawyer. I advise people to get Long Term Care Insurance. I advise people to get life insurance. I didn't take my own advise. Luckily I did get disability insurance. If only I were playing baseball, I'd have a good average.

If you're in your forties or older, if you're a caretaker, don't wait. Look into Long Term Care Insurance. Before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment