Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

January 28, 2011. Parkinson's Hates a Fighter.

I've been remiss. I haven't written in two days. It's too easy to get out of the habit.

Being shut in leaves me little to report. I do have an extreme case of cabin fever.

The problems with being cooped up:

1) My wife is aware of every snack that I eat.
2) I realize how seldom the telephone rings in my home office.
3) I get lazy.
4) When I'm active, I'm more productive.

The third item, I can't truly blame on being shut in, I've always been lazy. When in school, I believed that you don't do today, what you can put off until tomorrow.

I owned the largest collection of Monarch Notes. Regrettably for "To Kill a Mockingbird," and "Of Mice and Men." Thankfully for "Siddhatha," (If I ever had children, punishment for misbehaving would be reading Siddhartha or The Prophet.)

A teacher once told my mother, that she knows that I didn't cheat, I was too lazy to cheat. My response was, "No point in doing something if you can't do it well. "

What does all of this have to do with Parkinson's? The Fourth item. It's very easy to fall into a pattern with PD. PD is the reason that the snow forces me inside. Inside I get lazy and I fall into a pattern. If I don't fight this, the next step is depression, which exacerbates itself.

So today, I'm learning from my past. When I started to write this, as usual, I had no idea where it was headed. By writing this I realized where I was headed. I won't travel down that path again. Parkinson's can take over your mind as well as your body. It can be fought on both fronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment