Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 4, 2011. On the Road Again

After a week of working out of home, I finally in an office again today. It's so strange how one's perspective on life changes based upon life changing circumstances.

Six years ago, if asked what I most want in life I would have said 1) A Mallomar, 2) Another championship for the Yankees, 3) A new career. Today although numbers 1 and 2 remain paramount, given the choice I'd either take a new career or be able to continue the one that I have. The important part is remaining vital.

I used to ask my dad when he was in his seventies, when he was going to retire. He'd say maybe next year. I now understand why.

I don't doubt that it is satisfactory for some people to completely retire, but it will never be for me. Just like my father, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I would no longer feel vital.

Keep in mind that the mind has wonderful powers to heal. I don't think that it's going to cure me, but the more that I follow my old routine, or establish a new routine where I feel that I'm not a burden, the disease will progress slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment