Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1, 2011. The Doctor is In.


Why do I write? Is it because I am going through a midlife crisis, and I can do this without guilt! How can you suffer a midlife crisis at 54? A male with PD is not likely to make it to 108. Calling it a late in life crisis sounds too depressing. So I'll continue my state of denial and call it a midlife crisis. Basically, I write because I can and it's what I've always wanted to do.

Do I think that I'll be published? Well a boy can dream! I've done nothing to further that ambition. Maybe that way I cannot consider myself a failure.

The first thing that I wrote that showed any talent, was a parody in High School called "The Spiro Agnew Show." The basic story line was that Dick Cavatt was replaced for the night by the then Vice President Spiro Agnew. It went over well in front of a bunch of Liberals.

Then as a senior project a good friend and I wrote a book about our High School. Upon recently rereading the book, I found it to be at times very funny, but at times mean spirited. For that reason, it will never see the light of day again. Although we got a fine grade on the project, it was extremely amateurish.

My friend, before he passed, went on to become a writer of some renowned. The fact that we didn't see each other for the last 10 years of his life, will forever haunt me.

I am an Attorney. I hate being an Attorney. I may be the worst Attorney in the world. Then again I may be the best. Why the contradiction, because I am not a prick! To be a great Attorney you may have to be devoid of sympathy, compassion and anything else that separates us from the Republicans. I am not devoid of these characteristics, hence I am also not rich. Oh, I do a good job for my clients, it's just that I fail sometimes to do a good job for myself.

I am a New York, Liberal. As you may have already guessed I grew up in a Woody Allen movie. I am married to a very fine woman, but I don't know if I treat her as well as I should. I am lazy, I've always been lazy. I believe "Don't do today what you can put off until tomorrow." Maybe writing will be cathartic, and I will change.

The combination of laziness and guilt is not good. I still feel bad about not handing in my English essay to Mrs. Feldman 37 years ago. I guess it's time to get over it.

Many questions occur to me. I wonder if I'll be too lazy to continue this blog. I wonder if anyone will care. I wonder if Rodriguez can survive on $275,000,000.00. I wonder who are the 9% who actually approved of Dick Cheney were. He made me long for the days of Spiro Agnew. I wonder if Ann Coulter's parents are embarrassed. I can see them walking around with a fake nose and glasses.

One reason that I write, I sure is for therapy. This is my couch, and you are my therapists. So put up a sign, that says "The Doctor is in." Charge me my nickel and let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment