Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 8, 2011. The Times they are a Changin'

The last few days, I've noticed minor changes in the control of my body.

My involutary step backwards, has become fore frequent. I call this my moonwalk. I've experienced more difficulty getting up from chairs. Putting on my socks has become increasingly more difficult. The upside is. that I can still so the mile in under 4 minutes (with a car, of course).

I probably just need an adjustment on my medications. It has been about a year and one half since they've been adjusted. I have an appoinment with my Neurologist in early March, so we'll discuss it then.

I wonder when standing waiting for a train, staggering backwards, how many people think that I'm drunk. I pretty much given up drinking. On occasion I may have one glass of wine, and then only if my wife is with me, and she is driving.

I never was much of a drinker. I don't like beer. I think that I've only been seriously drunk once. September 18, 1981, Simon and Garfunkel in Central Park. I bought three bottles of wine for $5.00. My friends were late. I proceeded to drink one and a half bottles. Somewhere between Joe DiMaggio, going away and signs of the Prophets being written on the Subway walls, I didn't feel to Groovy. If I didn't have to meet Julio, down by the schoolyard, I might have gone Homeward Bound.

This comes at the same time that I've decided to give up one of my medications. Mirapex, has been known to exacerbate obsessive qualities. I don't gamble, I don't smoke, I barely drink. I eat sweets. Too many of them lately. As bad as Parkinson's is, heart disease or diabetes are probably worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment