Total Pageviews

Friday, February 25, 2011

February 25, 2011. Turn, Turn, Turn

For many people there comes a time in life when they decide that it's time to give back some of what they've taken. Some people are born with this. They start when they are young. Others never get it. I hope that I have finally gotten it.

I decided some weeks ago to start using the skills that I've attained as a Lawyer to good use. On the recommendation of my facebook friend, Linda, I applied to the advisory council of Parkinson's Disease Foundation. Yesterday I was selected to serve on the People with Parkinson's Advisory Council.

I have no idea what this entails, but I want to hit the ground running.

This morning a composed and sent an e-mail to a colleague of mine at The National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, suggesting that our goals were not mutually exclusive and therefore maybe we could work together on a project

I'm very excited. I feel like a new door to my life has been opened. I'm going to enter it with a smile.

2 comments:

  1. love your blog - have read some of your stuff on Facebook - fellow PD'er - thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you- Sherri. I just discovered yours. It's very good.

    ReplyDelete