Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 13, 2011

February 13, 2011. Crossroads

The last few days I haven't felt well. I've been moving slowly. Having great difficulty getting out of chairs. I now notice when the medications kick in.

It's the first time in about 2 years that I've noticed a change, and I hate it.

The book that I'm reading suggests that protein blocks the Levadopa from getting to the brain, and suggest that I should eat more fruit and less protein. I'm going to try it for a few days. What's the worst that could happen. Nobody ever overdosed on Apples.

It's such a strange feeling, on a subway, rail or bus, I must give myself extra time to stand. Yet doing so, means that I'm getting up when the vehicle is still moving. I've wobbled, but I haven't gone down.

This is a crossroads. I can 1) Give up; 2) Fight it, just for myself; 3) Fight it and do something right, by advocating for others in worse shape than I am in.

My whole live, I've been style over substance. I have verbally bored people with my political stances, but have I ever once done anything about anything? Now is the time to start. I will starting today, do something for myself and for somebody else each day, and hopefully report back to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment