Total Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

February 14, 2011. Walk like a Man

As the “college widow,” played by Thelma Todd, said in “Horsefeathers” to Groucho’s Professor Wagstaff in a canoe, “Ah, spring in the air!”

“Oh sure,” quips Wagstaff, “I should spring in the air and fall in the lake?” (By the way, what is a college widow?)

Well today there is Spring int the air, so rather than take the Subway to the Post Office, for the first time in months, I walked both ways. A walk that is far less than 2 miles, and I'm exhausted. It's difficult to say if this fatique is caused by the Parkinson's or because I've let myself go.

My weight has fluctuated from a low of 179 at age 19, to a high of 285 at age 45. Today, I'm about 245. I'm beside myself, and there's not enough room for the two of me.

So basically, I've been slowly killing myself for 35 years. If I continue at this pace, if Parkinson's doesn't get me, heart disease or diabetes will. I've never met a cookie that I don't like.

I have been the typical American male. I love Hot Dogs, hamburgers, ice cream. As of yesterday all this ends. I had my fruit cup for lunch and if I don't eat the computer screen I should be OK until dinner. The ironic thing is, I couldn't spring in the air, if i actually wanted to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment