Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 29, 2011. God does not play fair.

God does not play fair.

I know that I'm only 25 years old. Why then does 2011-1956 = 55?

God does not play fair.

I know that I'm 189 lbs. Why then does the scale say 245?

God does not play fair.

I know that I have long, curly brown hair. Why then, when I look in the mirror are those few hairs that I see, turning white?

I'm still the same guy, who could hit a Baseball a long distance, who couldn't be moved from the crease when playing hockey. So why does he make shoes that make me shuffle?

Women speak about aging, men are supposed to be stoic. If this is the truth then God has a wicked sense of humor. Why then would he start having hair grow from absurd places (nose and ears) and stop it from growing on the top of the head?

I had lunch in an open cafe today on Austin Street. Because dining has become more than a momentary pleasure I had a salad and not a steak.

I calmly tried to read my Kindle as beautiful young women in sun dresses walked past.

Among the things I'm sure of in this world are:
1) I am Heterosexual. Once many years ago I asked my Dad what his reaction would be if I said that I was Homosexual. He responded, "You, your eyes follow anything with bumps!" My Dad was a wise man.

2) Women look great in sun dresses. I don't think that there is anything misogynistic about this. Many women have ogled my ass, and I don't object.

3) I, like the Gibbon apes, wolves, termites, coyotes, barn owls, beavers, bald eagles, golden eagles, condors, swans, brolga cranes, French angel fish, sandhill cranes, pigeons, prions (a seabird), red-tailed hawks, anglerfish, ospreys, prairie voles (a rodent), and black vultures am a monogamist.

This is where God makes up for everything else, because I fear that if I weren't a monogamist, those beautiful women in their sun dresses, might see me the same way that the Calendar, the scale, the mirror and my shoes do. That would be the cruelest trick of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment