Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 16, 2011

What a wonderful couple of days this has been.

Both days were spend on Parkinson's related activities. Yesterday was my first meeting with The Parkinson's Disease Foundation People with Parkinson's Advisory Council. Besides sone enlightening conversation, I met people whose Parkinson's is far more advanced than mine. These people are exceptional. They don't ask for sympathy. They are passionate and vital.

The meeting adjourned at 4:00 PM, and it was off to dinner on the upper west side, with the same group. I had two hours to get there, so I decided that I'd walk as far as I could. I walked from 36th Street to 90th Street. I was tired, but I felt fine.

Today I participated in "The Parkinson's walk for unity," in Central Park. My family and friend came out to join me. All gracious and generous. Some wearing the t-shirt with my unshaven face, and a fake nose and glasses, with the words, "Team GrouchoMarc." I set a goal of $1,000.00, raised nearly $6,000.00.

My friends came out in the cold. My mother and siblings and nieces and nephew, ignored the damp weather. My Uncles, Aunts, Cousins and their adorable children walk with funnv nose and glasses all smiling.

Joann, my physical therapist, brought her workout buddy with her. Bob Nystom, of The New York Islanders. I had season tickets throught his entire career. He's a very warm, nice, generous man.

Many of us went to Patsy's for lunch afterwards. It was great to spend time with my cousins, who I don't see often enough. It was a thrill to play with their beautiful children.

This was a weekend that will remain with me forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment