Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2011

April 10, 2011. A Little Bit of Luck

It's been a while since I've written. I've actually been spending my spare time reading. I always kick myself for not reading enough. I sometimes find it difficult to start reading a book. Yet I always enjoy it when I do read.

My mother gave me a Kindle. What a wonderful devise. It's light, it's small and you can download a book in seconds.

Believe it or not, I'm now reading "Goldfinger." I never read anything by Ian Fleming, and I'm enjoying thouroughly. I think that the thought of a Martini "shaken not stirred," appeals to someone with Parkinson's disease.

Why else haven't I written? Maybe because we often talk about bad things, but when things are going well we keep it to ourselves.

I feel great. When I stick to the "No protein for lunch" diet, the pills work and my energy is level is high.

I've also been touched by the reponse to my fundraising efforts. The Parkinson's walk is one week away. I set a goal of $1,000.00. Raised that goal, very quickly to $2,500.00. As of this writing, a total of 45 different people have contributed $5,309.00.

These contribution come form family, childhood friends, high school friends, college buddies, work associates, current friends and people that I've only met through my writings.

How could I be sad, knowing this support that I've received?

Parkinson's has no known cure. But these are the cards that I've been dealt, and I will play with them. even though there is no known cure, I'm winning most of the battles. In my opinion there are four criteria to winning these battles: 1) A support system; 2) exercise; 3) attitude; 4) Luck. The first three are a necessary component of number 4. So far I've had all four.

No comments:

Post a Comment