Total Pageviews

Monday, November 29, 2010

November 29, 2010. I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now!

There is a different perspective on life, being more a Pedestrian, and less a driver.

Forest Hills has a high population of elderly. All things considered, I still walk faster than most people. I have difficulty making it across Queens Boulevard in one light cycle. How do the elderly do it? The cars don't wait. They're honking their horn the second that the light changes. Driver's Education must now teach that that red and white octagonal sign doesn't mean stop, it means "roll through and curse at the Pedestrian."

Today, as I was entering the Subway at Continental and Queens, there was an elderly man climbing the steps the other way. People behind him were delayed. One young lady was flailing her arms, in obvious frustration. Five years ago I could have acted like that girl. Five years from now I could be that Gentleman.

How long did that flight of steps actually delay this girl? 10 seconds? How long does it take to actually stop at the stop sign?

There are benefits to having more difficulty in day to day life. You begin to appreciate what others go through. Making it only natural to make their lives less difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment