Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November 24, 2010

Am I getting spiritual is my old age? To me religion has merely been a punch line. The only time that I can ever remember seriously asking for help from a greater power was when I was in a multi car accident on the Grand Central Parkway. At that time I figured, "it couldn't hurt."

The whole thought of an invisible man in the sky, I find incomprehensible. Yet I find a spontaneous explosion equally incomprehensible. Don't get me wrong, I'm not like Mickey Mantle, who after a life of heavy drinking and womanizing found God on his deathbed. I would say that my thoughts are similar to Woody Allen's thoughts, "I'm what you'd call a teleological, existential atheist—I believe that there's an intelligence to the universe, with the exception of certain parts of New Jersey."

Why these spiritual thoughts today? Because it's Thanksgiving, and I have a lot to be thankful for. My wife who looks after me, when I refuse to look out for myself. My father, who although gone these past two years, is with me at all times. My Mother, who installed in me a sense of family. My brother and sister, who are my best friends.

I can barely run, walking is a struggle at times, but I've got more to be thankful for than to be angry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment