Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 13, 2020

 Not so long ago the President indicated that he wants schools to have mandatory classes in Patriotism.  I think that is outrageous.   The sycophants who swear by everything Trump all believe that they are patriots.  I believe that they are not patriots.  I believe that they are treasonous.  I also consider myself a patriot.   So  who is right?


What makes someone a patriot?  Below is a series of questions To see if I am a patriot.


1. Did I serve my country in the military?  No, I did not.  I respect people who did Serve. If I were use this question to determine if somebody was a patriot or not, I would consider the fact someone served honorably as an asset, but I would not disqualify anybody who did not.  This is a personal choice.

2. Do I believe that “flag-burning” should be illegal? No I do not.  I also would never burn a flag. But I am not going to judge someone else’s choice of peaceful protest.   This is one of many issues that I have lead to my conclusion that the President has no clue about what could make this country great.

A conviction for Flag Burning was overturned by the Supreme Court in 1989 case of Texas v. Johnson . In a 5-4, with unusual justices joining together the court held, with Justice Brennan writing the majority opinion and justices Kennedy, Marshall, Blackmun and Scalia Concurring.

The flag may be a great symbol of our nation, but even a greater symbol is the right to protest by burning that flag.  The freedom allowed to the citizens to question the government we take for granted.  Let me pose a question to anybody who disagrees.  When we had  Presidents that you felt about in ways similar to how I feel about Trump, did anything stop you from  commenting or protesting that President? Would you consider the things that you said “unpatriotic” If I said then about Trump. 

I was proud of Barack Obama as president.  But many on the right were not. Much of the time I wrote that off as bigotry.  I was likely wrong with many people. You are entitled to your opinion and your politics. But so am I. 

3. Do you feel that you have the right to carry any weapon to any venue?  I don’t .  And I don’t believe my call for sensible gun control is in anyway inconsistent with the second amendment. 

4. The courts have held over and over again, that there is no evidence to uphold the presidents claim that was massive fraud in the election.  With that in mind I think we can conclude that the that the The allegations voter fraud we’re just made up by this President and his legal counsel.

Do you feel that more time for investigation  into this election Should have been afforded to the to the president team?

I don’t. The president and his minions are blaming the courts and the legislatures for obeying their oaths of office.  The president should blame himsel

I could continue to go on many more examples. But I  won’t.

You may consider me unpatriotic. I don’t. I do however find the actions of much of the The President Republican Party, By attempting to overturn a valid and honest election to be treasonous.  




 


    





No comments:

Post a Comment