Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 5, 2020

 But this is the hand that I shoot with!

December 3, 2020
I sit around all day complaining that I’m bored. So how do I resolve that?
I have Parkinson’s disease. I was diagnosed nearly 15 years ago. I’m actually quite lucky because it has not progressed very much. I don’t work anymore because I don’t know when it’s going to hit. When it does hit, I don’t recognize myself.
I am a retired lawyer. I love being a lawyer and although retired I will always love being a lawyer. That Is No reflection upon my occupation, it’s a way of living, it is a way of thinking, it is the way of presenting another opinion. However, I hated the practice of law.
I also found that 15 years ago I enjoyed writing. Actually, I always did enjoy writing, but I never had the guts to try it. When I was first diagnosed with Parkinson’s, I figured I should write some stuff down. I started my first blog at that point. It was called “I was memoirs of a disgruntled attorney.”
I used the name Jello Marx. I felt that name was a way to express my love for American comics. The blog is still open I don’t use it often. It is now more a storage unit for my writing. I was spreading my wings. I found that I could write satire and parodies pretty well. I was discovered by the editor/owner of “The Global Edition.”
“The Global Edition,” was an online satire magazine. A bunch of guys trying to become “The Onion.” I learned a lot those 14 months and enjoyed every minute of it. A few of my stories were pretty hot on the web. The two biggest were “Canada Beefing Up Border Patrol In Event Romney Wins Presidential Election” and Bob Dylan admits a fifty-year hoax on the world. He can’t sing.
I must also give some of the credit to Parkinson’s. It seems that those suffering from Parkinson’s often do creative things that they never did before.
I have published three books “Memoirs of a Disgruntled attorney” I 2013.” God’s will” in 2016. And “curmudgeons conundrums and Druthers.” in 2018. Curmudgeons was illustrated by a great young artist, Gabe Schleifer.
Why am I here now? Because I want to write again. I think that my struggles. Parkinson’s Disease is a good place to start. Starting tomorrow will be a combination of both blogs Memoirs of a Disgruntled Attorney and But this is the hand that I shoot with.” The latter will be the name for the combined wor.8.

Fred Stavropoulos, Michael Schleifer and 16 others
6 Comments
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment