Total Pageviews

Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4, 2011

The disease has knocked me out. The combination of the heat and the Parkinson's has thrown me for a loop. I find that I dread going outside. I still push myself to walk at least 1 1/2 miles a day, but it's a struggle.

My spirit is still good, and I'm working hard.

I've also made a concerted effort to do as my wife says. After all, eventually I give in and 99.9% of the time she is right anyhow. This way I avoid the hassle.

Although I've had my morose moments, I feel as though they are behind me now.

There are things that I've given up in the last few years.

I can't imagine ever going on a train to Yankee Stadium again. The crowds would be too much for me.

I rarely drank, but I did enjoy a nice glass of wine. With all of the medication in me, I'm hesitant to drink.

Spontaneous drives to Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, even southern Vermont were not unusual. I miss those. I haven't driven in about 6 weeks. I had hurt my back and was hesitant to drive with the stiffness coupled with the Parkinson's. My back is now alright. I'll drive this week.

I never knew that I was such a fighter, but I refuse to give into this. My wife asked me the other day, how long did I think that I was going to work. I have no reason to believe that I will ever quit. Be that realistic or not, that is what I truly believe. Giving in to this thing is anathema to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment