Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 15, 2011. Johnny Friendly is Laying Odds...

PD doesn't want to leave me alone!

Mentally and emotionally, I feel great. I've been busy with work. That hasn't been the case for quite some time. I'm falling behind, but like I've always said, "The worst feeling is being caught up."

This is the gift that keeps on giving. Physically, it's been a struggle to walk one block. But the harder it gets, the angrier I get, and the more I want to persevere. The worst thing that someone can tell me is that I can't do something. Remember Marlon Brando, playing Terry Malloy in "On the waterfront." The final scene. Karl Malden whispers in his ear, "Johnny Friendly is Laying Odds that you won't get up."

PD is my Johnny Friendly.

For the longest time, I hated being a Lawyer. Although I always loved the Law. Now that PD is laying odds that I can't do it, there is nothing I'd rather do. I can't stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment