Total Pageviews

Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11, 2012. Baby you can drive my car.


Yesterday I drove.

Now that doesn't seem like such a big accomplishment, but it was the first time since last September that I was behind the wheel.   I drove from Norwalk, Connecticut to my home.  About 50 miles.

I think that I am learning how my body reacts.  I've learned to time the meds., so that they are at their peak when I need them to be.   That is what I did yesterday.   Although I was a little tired towards the end of the drive, I did fine.    (Aside to that little old lady that I knocked over,  I'll pay for a new walker.)

This is so strange to list this among my accomplishments.   But, you don't realize how much you miss something until it is taken away from you.

In many ways I am now a better driver than I was before.   We get careless as we take something for granted.     I may annoy the people behind me, but a stick to the speed limit and make full stops at all stop signs.

I'm not returning to driving full time, but it's nice to know that in a pinch, I can and I'm not dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment