Total Pageviews

Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28, 2011. An Unforeseen Benefit

I’m generally in a good mood. I tell jokes, I laugh, I make others laugh. The one time that my mood varies is when I’m walking the streets.

I’m lucky that I live in New York City. People walk. Mass transit is very accessible. Having basically given up driving, I did so without skipping a beat.

I live in the County of Queens. Did you know that Queens County is the most ethnically diverse county in the United States? Being ethnically diverse, and contending with drivers, who apparently don’t know what STOP spells, I have learned to say ASSHOLE in seven different languages. In French it’s “maudite vache,” In Spanish it’s “Culero.” In Japanese, it is “ketsunoana.” Of course being a big fan of Chico Marx, I speak a perfect Italian, “Yousa Asshole.” Russian is a big language in Queens, it “Asholeski.” Of course in Yiddish, it’s the ever popular “Tushie lokh.”

So I’ve become multilingual. The drivers take every thing in stride, they all salute me.

No comments:

Post a Comment