Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December 12, 2011. Challenge Me.

Do you know someone whose skills have been diminished? I suppose that the politically correct way to refer to it is "challenged." What a silly way to refer to it. I'm not "challenged," because nobody lets me do the things that would challenge me!

I still practice law, but it's the same mundane things that I've done for nearly 30 years. Not much new.

If I take a walk, my cellphone has to be on and fully charged. My kingdom for an isolation booth! The problem is not that people are checking on me. The problem is that they can.

So I've become deceitful. I just don't answer the cellphone. If my sojourn takes me into the City, I say that I'm in the neighborhood.

I realize that everybody thinks that they're acting in my best interests, but there is a lot to be said for independence as a quality of life issue.

Right now I move slower than I once did. My legs get tired. My right leg shakes a bit. I know where every park bench is located, but I'm hardly "challenged." I'll turn 55 in two weeks. My Dad successfully changed careers at 55. I'm too young to be put out to pasture.

No comments:

Post a Comment