Total Pageviews

Friday, June 3, 2011

June 3, 2011. The Right Stuff

Periodically, when I start feeling sorry for myself, something wakes me up, and reminds me how much good fortune I have had throughout my life.

This is a tough world to live in. I have unquestioned support of family and friends.

Everybody has problems. I believe that how one copes with the little problems is indicative of how happy and successful one's life will be.

I'm rereading "The Right Stuff," Tom Wolfe's wonderful account of America's Mercury Astronauts. These were seven men who had no fear, whatever challenge stood in their way, felt that they had "The Right Stuff" to conquer the obstacle.

I think that it's important for each of us to have a certain degree of "The right stuff." My Right Stuff is aided by others. As I've stated before, my friends and family have been wonderful to me. It adds to my confidence and keeps me going.

Negative examples have impacted my attitude, as much if not more, than positive examples. As much empathy as friends have, nobody wants to listen to a whiner.

I won't hide my condition. I will discuss it with anybody who asks, but if I ever complain, my friends and family have license to tell me to shut up. I am deteermined to enjoy the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment