Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 30, 2010. Look at me, I can be Centerfield!

So much of our well being is in our head. I went to the Gym today. I worked out with my therapist/trainers. These are wonderful, intuitive professional people. They know that i react differently with a ball in my hands. Part of the session is tailored to that. I can walk in dragging my feet, but let me throw a ball and I'm taken back to a place that I loved. It then makes the subsequent exercises that much easier.

Today, on the drive there, I was a Parkinson's patient. When I left, I felt differently. My walking was better, my driving was better. Some of this is the adrenaline, but a firmly believe that some of this is an attitude change that I get from throwing a ball.

Michael J. Fox plays hockey. Muhammed Ali works on the speed bag. Their Parkinsons has progressed far more than mine. What they have in common is attitude. They are both very positive people.

So all I have to say is, "Put me in Coach. I'm ready to play today."

No comments:

Post a Comment