Total Pageviews

Monday, September 17, 2012

Life can change overnight.

Seven years ago,  I had a thriving Law Practice.  I worked hard and lived well.  I saved very little.  I started to notice little signs that there was something amiss with my right side.    I've told that story before, no point at telling it again.

The past seven years have seen the onset and progression of Parkinson's disease, losing my father and recently a dear friend,  moving my office from my office to my home, a precipitous decline in business, and strangely a greater appreciation for my life.

I used to feel sorry for myself.  There was no reason.  I had everything and still do.

Parkinson's showed me the fighter in me.   I refuse to let it win.    I will work until I can no longer work, and then I'll find something else to do.   I drove until I no longer could, and then I walked.   There may be setbacks, but there isn't defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment