Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 15, 2012

I've got good news and bad news.


The one thing that you’re not warned about is the utter exhaustion that simple, everyday tasks cause if you have Parkinson’s disease.      This was probably the busiest week that I’ve had in 4 years.   That’s the good news.   This was probably the busiest week that I’ve had in 4 years.  That’s the bad news.

Monday, I was in Brooklyn by 8:00 AM, and in Syosset, Long Island by 11:30 AM
Tuesday, I was in Centereach, Long Island in the afternoon.   Because I have to take the train, and there are no trains to Centereach, I left in the morning.
Wednesday, I was in Merrick, Long Island all day.
Thursday, I started in Jamaica, Queens at the Surrogate’s court, and then went to Syosset, where I was stood up for on an appointment.
Friday, I was in Brooklyn again at the Surrogate’s Court.

All of these appointments, except Monday morning, I took the subways or railroad.   Monday morning, my wife drove me.

This would have been a hectic week prior to PD, but it wouldn’t have been unusual.

I’m exhausted and exhilarated.

Don’t let anybody tell me that I can’t do something.     The human spirit can overcome a myriad of obstacles.   So I’m tired.  I’ve got the weekend.

The good news is this coming week is also busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment