Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Letter to Governor Kasich

In response to Governor Kasich's cruel imitation of a patient with Parkinson's disease, I drafted and forwarded the following letter. Dear Governor Kasich: Let me introduce myself, I am an Attorney in New York City, who for the past 6 years has been suffering with Parkinson's Disease. Your recent speech, and your ignorant imitation of a Parkinson's patient, is indicative of the problems with politics today. I am not an Ohio resident, but if I were I wouldn't feel that you were representative of the best interests of all of your constituents. My disease has not progressed as far as the patient that you mocked. However, I do know what it is like not to be able to sit still for more than a few seconds at a time. I do know what it is like not to enjoy the simple pleasure of a short walk. I do know what it is like not to be able to hold a child, for fear that you may drop that child. I certainly hope that you never suffer the indignities that you put this patient through with your cruel and ignorant imitation. I hope that you will learn to think before you speak in the future. Very truly yours, Marc C. Sherman

No comments:

Post a Comment