Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10, 2012. I was so much Older then, I'm Younger than that now.

The aging process is difficult on the psyche. Combine that with a neurological disease which plays havoc on your mind and body and the results are pretty.

I used to be able to multiply double digit numbers, correctly, in my head, faster than someone could input them into a calculator. I have come to realize that I no matter how I try, I can no longer do math in my head. "So What," you say. "We all have calculators."

Take the one thing that you can do that nobody else can do. Now take it away. I don't know if this is a function of age or of Parkinson's disease.

I'm also misplacing things. I was always absent minded, but i never lost anything. Yesterday, I turned my office upside down looking for a file. My notes in the computer show that I wrote a letter on December 21, 2011, so I had the file then. I've never done this before.

I once had a photographic memory. Now it seems that the shutter is stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment