Total Pageviews

Friday, October 28, 2011

October 28, 2011. Walk Like A. Man.

Everybody has been co nice to me, but in one respect I wish that they'd stop.

My wife doesn't want me to fall, slip, trip, pratfall, stumble, ergo she often insists upon driving me places. I want to walk

My friends at the office think that I look tired, sleepy, droopy so they insist upn driving me to the train. I want to walk.

My Mom doesn't rest, when I leave her home until I arrive at my home, domicile, abode, humble chateau, so she often slips me $20.00 for a cab. I want to walk.

I need to walk. Even if it is a struggle, I need to persevere and walk. It's too easy for me to take the ride, but in the long run, I know that I shouldn't.

Forest Hills walking is tough and often boring. There is no excitement on Queens Boulevard. But walking in Manhattan is wonderful. I haven't been to Central Park this Autumn, but if the weather permits tomorrow, I'll take "...a light and tumble journey From the East Side to the park; Just a fine and fancy ramble To the zoo.

But you can take the crosstown bus If it's raining or it's cold, And the animals will love it If you do...."

Sorry, I had to break into Simon and Garfunkel for a moment. The bottom line is, that I could give in and take advantage of everybody's good intentions, or I could keep walking. I choose to keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment