Total Pageviews

Monday, September 26, 2011

September 27, 2011. Even a Tortoise slows down

I've been very busy with work the last few weeks. Except for the weekends, I haven't spent a day in the home office for two weeks. Like all things, this is good and bad.

On the positive side, 1) I'm earning money, 2) I feel vital, 3) I'm seeing people.

On the negative side, 1) I'm exhausted, 2) I realize how far I have slipped in a short time.

I can't emphasize enough how important it is to feel vital and to see people. I can do so much more as long as feel useful.

Today, I started off in Queens Supreme Court. Possibly one of the most miserable places in the City of NY. after having an order signed I walked 4 blocks to the Long Island Railroad. Took the train to Long Island, where I had 2 appointments. Tomorrow and Wednesday, I'm pinch hitting for a friend in my old office.

I spent between 10 and 25 years with these people. Mostly pleasant, sometimes hostile. But I was alive. I'm looking forward to it.

The downside to all of this is that I am physically exhausted. I push myself to walk and not take the train. I've increased the dosage of the Cynamed. That helps, for a few hours. I can't help but realize what the future will bring.

But, with that in mind, I also can't accept it, and must keep on fighting it. Every time I lose an activity, ie Driving, ballgames, I cling to the others that much tighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment